As now today’s era we are moving from 2d to 3d because the best part of 3d is that we can simulate the model in the virtual environment. In today’s market, there is a variety of tools which help you in testing your product, SolidWorks Motion is one of them.
Motion Studies are the graphical solution for Assembly Models. In this, we can simulate and animate the motion of a model according to our requirements. You can also use SolidWorks mates to restrict your motion.
Basically, we have three types of motion studies in SolidWorks:
- SolidWorks Motion (Animation): In this, we can only animate the motion of parts of an assembly like we can add a motor to drive the motion of one or more parts of an assembly and also prescribe the positions of assembly components at various times using set key points.This feature is available in SOLIDWORKS Standard module.
- 2. SolidWorks Motion (Basic Motion): SOLIDWORKS Professional offers the advantage of Basic Motion over Animation is that in this we can approximately take the effects of Springs, Damper, Contact, collision and gravity on assemblies, it also takes mass into account during calculation of motion, and the best part of it is that the computation of basic motion is relatively fast.
- SolidWorks Motion (Motion Analysis): In this, we can accurately simulate and analyses the effects of motion elements (including forces, spring, dampers and friction) on an assembly. Motion Analysis uses computationally strong kinematic solvers and accounts for material properties as well as mass and inertia in the computations. You can also use Motion Analysis to plot simulation results for further analysis. In SOLIDWORKS Premium you can see time-based as well as event-based motion effects and make further analysis to plot simulation results.
In addition, you can also utilize the Motion Manager toolbar –
- Change viewpoints.
- Display properties.
- Create distributable, presentation-worthy animations depicting the motion of an assembly.
It’s a personal suggestion that starts using all these testing tools of SolidWorks because many of our customers including me take the advantage of these tools which directly reflects on our design. So, at last, I would like to conclude that these tools help us a lot in designing and also reduce our prototyping.
Tech Savvy Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Is a leading value-added reseller (VAR) of Dassault Systems Solidworks in Delhi/NCR, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand from past 16 years. We are offering a range of SolidWorks solutions and services, leveraging our huge experience. Our certified team members are efficient to provide best services as per your need in order to increase your productivity. Our major services are-
- 2D to 3D conversion
- 3D to 2D conversion
- Tool Design
- Data Migration
- FEA/CFD Simulation Services
- Technical Documentation
- Design Automation
We offer quality services at competitive prices. We are committed to complete your work within tight deadlines. We even provide complete service support after the completion of your work. We are having our prestigious customers over the entire region of north India. We always upgrade our services to meet your satisfaction.